Low maintenance shrubs are a great addition to any landscape. They don’t take up a lot of space and they don’t require a ton of upkeep, if any at all. The truth is that landscaping with low maintenance shrubs can be very rewarding. Here are a few of the perks to planting low-maintenance shrubs in your landscaping:
– They are versatile – While many types of flowers will need a little tender loving care, low maintenance plants will usually do just fine on their own. This means you don’t have to worry about pruning, cutting, or dealing with insects that will destroy your flowers or cause your flowers to wilt and die. Low maintenance landscaping makes it easy to grow and flower your favorite flowers with little effort.
– They are attractive – Shrubs are an attractive part of any landscaping design. They are easy to care for, but they also have an inviting appearance that makes them perfect for a flower garden. Low maintenance plants often look more real than plants that require constant attention and care. They are very forgiving when it comes to watering them. They don’t need to be planted out and left to dry out. They will survive on their own and still look wonderful.
– They are durable – If they are of low maintenance, so are they. Even when you least expect it, your low maintenance shrubs can withstand drought and rain, for example. Because of this, you can easily leave them in your yard without concern for them drying out, cracking, or drying out completely. This means that you can leave your flowers and other plants in your yard without having to worry about their health after the weather is over.
– They are hardy – Shrubs don’t have to be planted in your yard one year and put in the ground the next. There’s no “right time to plant” or “right way to plant” for low maintenance shrubs. In fact, they can go into a hole in the ground and flourish for years to come, even in extremely hard environmental conditions. Many low maintenance plants can even outlive their owners! That’s because they aren’t tied down with high maintenance products like pesticides.
– They are versatile – Low maintenance shrubs don’t have to be boring. With so many varieties available, they can be combined with flowers to create a variety of looks. Flowering shrubs often have different varieties of flowers planted in different places. This creates interest and keeps your yard looking neat. Low maintenance plants also do well in other areas besides the flower bed. You can plant them around the perimeter of your yard and use them as borders or even on your patio furniture.
– They are durable – Shrubs don’t have to be low maintenance only. While they do need to be watered regularly, they don’t have to be watered alone. Low maintenance plants can be treated to be dormant throughout the year and then treated with low maintenance products like fertilizers to help them thrive throughout the season. Some even enjoy being sprayed with a special anti-mite type of product to keep pests from destroying your garden.
– They are economical – The best low maintenance shrubs don’t cost an arm and a leg to maintain. They are simple, beautiful plants that can take care of themselves. They don’t require much pest control and, when it comes to flowers, they don’t require much gardening love either. You don’t have to spend hours planting seeds or inking hard to reach places. You don’t have to worry about hiring someone to prune or harvest your plants. If you’re a little lazy, that’s ok, because there are plenty of ways to take care of yourself and still have a beautiful garden.